So you’re sat there at home and you’ve talked yourself into a point where you feel like it’s totally fine and acceptable to create a fake social media account to stalk one of your ex’s. Sorry I mean to stalk ‘THE’ ex, the one you can’t seem to get over.
First of all I think we should all agree that you probably needed some kind of intervention before it got to this point, but never mind here we are.
Question number one in this situation will always need to be why you couldn’t just give them a follow on your actual account is already raising some serious alarms, so let’s consider some options as to why this could be shall we ….
- You cheated on them and now they’re doing better than you
- You’re the one that got cheated on and don’t want to seem pathetic
- They’ve been ignoring all your other methods of attempted contact
- They hate you (for whatever reason)
- You’re with someone else but still obsessing over them because you have an inability to be by yourself
- The shame of having them know you still want to see what they’re up to kills you inside
- Your actual profile just shows how shitty your life is without them
I think that’s enough reasons for now.
But lets revisit point five, you’re with someone else. If you chose to jump into a new relationship straight after the last one ended well it’s no shock that you’re in this position. Did you know on average it takes someone at least six months to get over a relationship as a minimum? But of course, this all depends of how intense and involved your relationship was.
If you’re still obsessing over what your ex is up to, then maybe you didn’t give yourself enough time alone to figure out who you are without them and replacing them with another body probably wasn’t the answer.
Ultimately, whatever your reason for creating a fake social media account for the purpose of stalking an ex, I think it’s safe to say you probably need a bit of help rather than the ability to see their life sprawled across your phone screen.